The Outreach Ministries of Hollywood United Methodist Church (HUMC) are very active in the local community and out-of-state.
Out of designated funds received during our Weekly Offerings we help:
- Red Bird Missions
- St Andrews Potato Fund
- Unalaska Church, in Unalaska, AK.
Through three annual offerings, we support specific ministries here in Southern Maryland and around the world:
- The Easter Special Offering is divided between Living Water International and Helping Hands.
- The Thanksgiving Special Offering is divided between the HUMC Needy Fund and Healthcare of St. Mary’s County.
- The Christmas Special Offering is divided between St. Mary’s Caring, The Three Oaks Center, and Carenet.
- Support Hope of St. Mary’s County with a monthly gift.
- Assist people in our community with their electric, water, oil, and propane, and grocery bills.
- Assist with funeral expenses.
- Assist community members with gas cards.
- Assist community members at Thanksgiving and Christmas with holiday meal baskets.
UMC Special Sundays
As a United Methodist congregation, we also participate in the following six Special Sundays special offerings:
- Human Relations Day (Sunday before the national observance of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday) strengthens United Methodist outreach to communities in the United States and Puerto Rico, encouraging social justice and work with at-risk youth.
- UMCOR Sunday (fourth Sunday in Lent) Previously known as One Great Hour Of Sharing, this Sunday enables the United Methodist Committee on Relief to reach out through worldwide ministries of food, shelter, health and peace.
- Native American Ministries Sunday (third Sunday of Easter) nurtures mission with Native Americans and provides scholarships for United Methodist Native American seminarians.
- Peace With Justice Sunday (first Sunday after Pentecost) enables The United Methodist Church to have a voice in advocating for peace and justice through a broad spectrum of global programs.
- World Communion Sunday (first Sunday of October) provides scholarships for U.S. racial- and ethnic-minority students and international students, on both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- United Methodist Student Day (last Sunday of November) furnishes scholarships and loans for students attending United Methodist-related and other accredited colleges and universities.